Verdura Resort is set on 230 hectares and nearly two kilometres of private Mediterranean coastline. There are three Kyle Phillips golf courses, a 60-metre infinity pool, six clay tennis courts, a world-class spa, four restaurants, five bars and much more. It's a place where buildings are subtly woven into the landscape, with a true sense of space and uninterrupted views of the azure waters. Above all, it's a place where our team delivers an outstanding level of service.
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER
You will be responsible for the operations, strategies and development of our Front Office department, ensuring the highest standards of service. You will support and coordinate the departments’ supervisors and team in order to achieve the relevant key performance indicators of the property.
Reports to Resort Manager.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Responsible for Front Office effective management and Guest service delivery. He/she will be the role model of Rocco Forte Hotels service style: great attention to customization of Guest service and interaction and exquisite knowledge of the location.
- Assist the Guest Relations Manager in creating a personalised relationship with the Guests and a tailor made Sicilian experience for each one of them.
- Responsible for selection and development of direct reports and team members, monitoring performance and providing feedback; responsible for supporting direct reports in team selection, management and development.
- Responsible for leading the department in order to reach financial, quality and people objectives. Assure that all finance and department procedures are followed.
- Daily cooperation with Reservations to maximise occupancy and room revenue. Development of profit improvement ideas.
- Manage room allocation, review room availability status, front office accounting tasks; Coordination with Housekeeping & Manteinance to ensure that Guest’s preferences and satisfaction are implemented.
- Support the Senior Management in handling all issues related to the safety, security, satisfaction and well-being of hotel guests and employees. Responds swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Responsible for suggesting inputs for Front Office budgeting and forecasting.
- Proactive in suggesting ideas to improve guest service and hotel profit.
- Be a role model for team development and produce evidence of professional growth of team members
- Team Management & Collaboration: be a role model for team work, reward and encourage positive team play, within the department and with other departments. He/she will engage the Team Members, with an open communication, regular feedback and promoting a culture of trust, honesty and respect.
- Communication: communicate effectively and in an appropriate manner, using the most suitable channel and tailoring the approach to the audience. He/she takes ownership to initiate communication. He/she shares information across the business in a timely manner to inform better decisions.
- Personal effectiveness & Emotional intelligence: Self-awareness and self-control are a must. Able to establish mutually beneficial relationships with others. Set clear goals and expectations and identify clear priorities. Meet deadlines and complete tasks and projects successfully.
- Business orientation: Create an understanding amongst the team of how department performance impacts the business. Create action plans to improve performance when not meeting company requirements. Use understanding of the business to identify ways to increase revenue, reduce costs and minimise general expenses without affecting the quality of service to Guests.
- Self & team developer: enthusiastic supporter of learning and development. Inspire and motivate others to achieve superior performance and to take on new learning opportunities. Discuss, plan, track and support own and team development and professional growth.
- Fluent in Italian and English. A third language is preferred (Spanish, French or German);
- Professional experience as Front Office Manager in 4/5 stars hotels; international experience preferred;
- Preferable degree in hotel management;
- Preferable evidence of self-development through specialized courses, conferences/workshops;
- Knowledge of Hotel Management software such as Protel, Opera;
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,).
- Permanent Labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo
- Reward package adequate to the professional experience
- Learning & development activities
- Career opportunities within Rocco Forte Hotels
Workplace: Verdura Resort – Sciacca, S.S. 115 Km 131, Sicily, 92019
Please apply forwarding your CV with full details and enclose the approval to process the personal data according to local privacy laws and standards (d.lgs. 196/03).
Why join us at Rocco Forte Hotels?
At Rocco Forte Hotels, we are committed to giving our Team Members the skills and support required to deliver unrivalled service, and most importantly, to grow in their careers. We also like giving our Team Members the very best benefits such as discounted rates at any of our 5 star properties from just £25/ €36 per night, a 50% discount in all of our F&B outlets, discounts across some of our Rocco Forte Spas and many more.