We’re always on the lookout for people who share our ambition — passionate, driven people with fire in their hearts. Do you think you have what it takes?
We are looking for an outstanding Credit Controller to join our Team based in Milan.
The purpose of the role is overseeing the collection of trade debt across the Italian market including processing documentation, reporting, and ensuring the Sales Ledger activities are administered.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
You will have a proven track record as a proactive Credit Controller or worked in Customer Services with a can-do attitude and will be able to undertake the following key tasks with minimal supervision:
Credit Control and Debt Collection
- Responsible for the collections of all outstanding customer invoices are paid within the agreed payment terms as defined by the business
- Work towards the weekly cash collection targets set by the business
- Ensure Credit limits are set-up & reviewed as necessary with the EMEA Credit Manager
- Work closely with internal functions such as sales, customer services and logistics; being able to influence and build strong working relationships
- Ensure all issues with invoices and deliveries are addressed with a commercial and pragmatic approach
- Have an excellent customer service focus liaising regularly with other departments
- Download ITA EUR payments as & when required
- Ensure all cash is allocated correctly, in line with remittances received
- Raise credit notes and invoices for sundry charges, where required
- Responsible for administrative tasks associated within your market
Reporting & Forecasting
- Work with your market Analysts to produce effective market reporting
- Provide debtor performance statistics to the business as required
- Escalation of delinquent debt to the EMEA Credit Manager
- Production of monthly statements & Direct Debit notifications to customers
- Distribution of proactive & overdue letters to customers
OUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr. Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals: INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS.
Working for Dr. Martens is everything you’d expect it to be. We’re a diverse, passionate bunch who believe each role is as unique as the person who does it.
To be our Credit Controller you will also possess these qualities:
- Proven track record as as a Credit Controller or Customer Services working with customers
- A working knowledge of credit management, cash management and/or customer services
- Fluent in both English and Italian is essential (spoken & written)
- Retail experience would be beneficial
- MS D365 would be beneficial
- Excellent communications skills to internal and external customers both oral and written
- Able to work as part of a team in a fast-moving environment
- Strong Excel skills
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Positive, professional individual with the ability to work well with a variety of stakeholders
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Hybrid working
- Welcome to the family free pair of Docs
- 65% off all Docs
- 50% off all accessories
- Opportunities for growth
- Access to the DM's online global community for recognition, communication and discounts from other brands within retail, hospitality and well-being.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme & Mental Health First Aiders
Are you ready to fill your boots? Apply now.
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be our best. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.