Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Capo Linea who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Naples - IT
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
- Support the application of the technical process and the definition of the organizational process for the creation of products/activities of areas/segments of the plant/site (e.g. production cycle, layout, plants and equipment, sequences, operations, times, job orders, etc. .) helping to ensure compliance with company and Group procedures and policies.
- Guarantee the organization of personnel, equipment, materials, plants and all internal resources of the production line in question, with a view to constant improvement of costs/times/quality.
- Support the definition of specific parts/segments of the production program/site activities in line with the delivery company objectives/plans, contributing to the optimal use of production capacity.
- Support the verification activities regarding the availability and ensure the correct allocation of the resources necessary to obtain the assigned objectives and outputs in order to optimize the skills/competences within the budget constraints.
- Support the development of the skills of the resources assigned in line with the production objectives.
- Ensure the achievement of specific objectives related to production/site programs, of the relevant production line, ensuring compliance with company policies and safety/environment/quality regulations, facilitating teamwork.
- Support the implementation of approved investments and maintenance activities (verify correct installation/supply of the provisions of the specifications).
- Ensure service standards through periodic progress feedback from your team and evaluate the impacts on the achievement of specific assigned objectives by supporting the definition and implementation of recovery actions and solutions to problems that may have consequences on the assigned results.
- Contribute to internal communication by managing less critical relationships with internal and external customers
- Consolidated experience of at least 5 years on the welding process of carbon steel parts
The possession of qualifications relating to the setting and control of the welding process (EWT, IWT, ...) is a plus
- assigns the activity to its workers according to their skills, level of experience, production cycles and implementation deadlines;
- interfaces with the Logistics Manager for the resolution of critical issues relating to missing materials on line
- carries out the technical supervision of the services in order to respect the quality objectives;
- takes care of the on-the-job training of the workers;
- reports the incorrect functioning of the production plants;
- supervises the organizational behavior of the workers by stimulating participation and involvement and sanctioning incorrect behaviour;
- checks the performance of the assigned resources by monitoring the progress of the activities and closing the work orders;
- ensures compliance with standards and procedures relating to Quality, Safety and the Environment
- reports any anomalies on the assemblies to the Quality Control (Line Testing) to start the Non-Conformity Procedure and the preparation of the
- RNC (Non-conformity report) and determines the cost in hours of the extra activity due to the non-conformity;
- interfaces with the "focused" companies for the execution of the assigned activities, where required by the organization and by the establishment procedures
- provides operational indications for the execution of maneuvers to the company in charge;
- takes care of the logistics organization of the line and organizes the flow of incoming materials with the support of the Logistics Manager and in agreement with the Head of Department
- collaborates with production engineering in the definition of line layouts;
- in the prototyping phase collaborates with the Production Engineering for the engineering;
- through the supervision of the manufacturing activities in line identifies opportunities for improvement of the process
- at least 4 or 5 years of experience in managing workers in production and manufacturing contexts, preferably automotive
- Reading and interpretation of production documentation (drawings, electrical, topographic diagrams, pfc, ...)
- Knowledge of the main production sub-processes of competence with particular reference to special processes (ex. cable cutting, cable passage, crimping, connectorization, mechanical couplings with torque wrenches)
- Knowledge of checks and tests related to the relevant process
- Knowledge of tests on manufactured products
Degree in Engineering (preferably Electronic Engineering) or Technical Diploma (preferably Electronic or Electrotechnical Expert)
Fluent Knowledge of English (written & spoken).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.careers.hitachi.com/
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower!
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail