Environment Health and Safety Intern
Azienda: British American Tobacco
Descrizione offerta di lavoro
BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
- Provides support in the planning, implementation and monitoring of environmental, health and safety programmes and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state and local health, safety and environmental regulations for our new Innovation Hub in Trieste.
- Reviews supplier documents and permits before operating on site in line with legal requirements. Implements monitoring and reporting methods.
- Selects and manages contractors and suppliers to obtain and maintain safety equipment and supplies.
- Conducts formal and systematic reviews of campus operations and activities to ensure compliance with Italian environmental, health and safety conditions.
- Track environmental, health and safety metrics, including quarterly KPIs and PPE recognition requests.
- Provide risk analysis, programme customisation, training and EHS support to industrial activities within the organisation.
- Prepare EHS technical operating procedures, training materials and documentation.
- Ensure layouts, schedules and plan progress are visible in each section.
- Prepares EHS technical operating procedures, training materials and documentation.
- Conducts training courses for suppliers and new employees.
COMMUNICATION AND COOPERATION
- Document EHS performance, open issues and problems solved in accordance with established Standards to enable appropriate communication between other shifts.
- Responsibility for personal development and the acquisition of technical/processual skills/knowledge according to the step-up sheet.
- Supporting all organisational changes.
- The position reports directly to the EHS Manager.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- The candidate must possess at least a diploma, engineering, environmental/health/safety or equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge of environmental, health and safety regulations, programmes and issues, including ISO 14001 requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of facility operations and related issues and requirements.
- Duties require prolonged periods of visual concentration on detailed documentation and product assembly.
- The duties of the position are performed under generally good working conditions, with occasional exposure to elements such as noise, dust, chemicals, operating machinery, extreme temperatures, hazardous substances, etc.
- Professional level of English language
- Experience in the field.
- Basic knowledge of production machine technology.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation.
See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building extraordinary capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
Data pubblicazione - 19-05-2023